Aspirations in Computing Community
Connect with like-minded high school, college, and early career women, genderqueer, and non-binary people in tech – because YOU belong!
Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community membership is free! Benefits of being in this community include:
- Gaining skills and experiences
- Meeting peers and colleagues
- Connecting with members at your school
- Receiving funds to host an event
- Applying for tech jobs
- Applying for scholarships and winning prizes
- Being featured in a national campaign
- Networking with thousands of peers
Who Can Join
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: If you are currently in 9th-12th grade and are a woman, genderqueer, or non-binary student who is interested in computing and technology, you are invited to join the AiC Community. Instructions on how to join are listed below.
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: If you are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (community college, college, or university) with a major or minor in a computing or engineering discipline, and are a woman, genderqueer, or non-binary student, you are invited to join the AiC Community and apply for the Aspirations in Computing Collegiate Award. Qualifying college students must have graduated high school or earned a GED.
Note: If your school is not currently an NCWIT Academic Alliance member, a faculty member can sign up to join (it's free!) by filling out the Academic Alliance Membership Form.
- TECHNOLOCHICAS: If you are currently a TECHNOLOchicas Ambassador, you are invited to join the AiC Community. If you are Latina, in college or the workforce, and would like to become a TECHNOLOchicas Ambassador, please sign up at technolochicas.org. When following the application instructions below, indicate your participation in TECHNOLOchicas in place of selecting an academic institution.
How to Join
To join the AiC Community, all eligible 9-12th grade students, undergraduate and graduate students, as well as TECHNOLOchicas must register an AiC Community Member account on aspirations.org.
Things to Know
During sign-up, select which pathway you wish to join through: High School, College/Graduate, or TECHNOLOchicas. Next, complete your profile on your dashboard. Then, you can begin to fill out and submit the AiC Community membership application form. If you are under the age of 18, you will also need parent/guardian consent to join the AiC Community.
The AiC Community registration is open year-round, and submissions are reviewed continuously. For more detailed information, please refer to the FAQ page.
The AiC Community is supported by Meta.